Quote Originally Posted by Jaziggy View Post
As I was putting together the list I was thinking 'there was a red dragon at some point' but couldn't put together the Empress and 'dragon' probably because she doesn't exactly meet one's expectations. And it's a great point that the giants also have blue on blue.

It seems to me that a creature gets a non-standard bubble if they are infused with and partially sustained by magical energy.

I think we're probably reading a bit too much into stylistic color choices that don't actually reflect preplanned, concrete patterns- the most we can do is rule *out* being types which have already spoken and have a different 'accent'. So it's safe to say they aren't terrestrial mortal beings, aren't air fairies, aren't frost giants, aren't black or red dragons, aren't undead, etc.
Indeed. We would probabbly be better off trying to exclude options, but even that can be tricky. Dragons (and creatures with draconic affinities), for instance have been shown to consistently use one of two possible patterns: dark colour on light colour (the one we've just discussed) and white on dark(ish) colour (incidentally, we have a blue dragon example for both patterns). So, again, for instance, dark orange on light orange may very well represent a red dragon (if a black dragon with red eyes can use white on purple).