Quote Originally Posted by Dire_Flumph View Post
Boimler isn't supposed to make those distinctions. Chain of Command is report to his senior officers. Boimler's mistake was in not catching until too late that "Buffer Time", though widely known about among crew culture, wasn't something the captain knew about and was overlooking for the sake of crew morale. I worked IT for 20 years and "Buffer Time" was something people did, and as long as people knew when to do it, taking a quick mental refresh wasn't something management would applaud, but they wouldn't break your back over it either unless you were doing it at the wrong time.

But back to point, I just found it funny we were comparing Boimler mentioning "Buffer Time" to his CO in the same vein as loudly talking about troop deployments in a bar full of randos.
I get that last part, but the sentiment is "don't tell things to people who aren't supposed to know". The captain wasn't supposed to know. I sure as hell wouldn't trust Boimler to not drop references to starfleet deployments in a bar after that. Would you?