Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
\Carnage is an ensemble villain(IE, a villain who exclusively fights two or more heroes at a time) who, like Freddy Krueger, Michael Myers, or Jason Vorhees, always comes back and is always harder to put down than he was last time.

That's the status quo for them.

Carnage becoming a minor lovecraftian God is on perfectly on-brand and is probably not going to be reverted just so Spider-Man can beat him easily, becuase it's a major, defining part of his character that Spidey and Venom have to team up and/or bring in a bunch of other heroes to beat him.
Hrm... I may not have communicated my meaning as well as I'd hoped; as I said, Carnage is a Spidey villain at the end of the day. 'Minor Lovecraftian deity' Carnage is someone against whom Spider-Man is completely helpless, which is not on-brand for Spidey. It may be that Spider-Man always needed help against Carnage, but he was never totally helpless against him; as Spidey's villain, Spider-Man has to be able to contribute meaningfully to the fight.

King of Hell Carnage (or whatever other goofy thing they've done to make him even edgelordier) is someone that Spider-Man cannot meaningfully interact with, and that's not on-brand for Spider-Man. And no matter how apropos it is for Carnage to get all uber and edgy, at the end of the day, Spider-Man being on-brand is more important for the book.

Thus my assertion that eventually, Carnage will be de-powered to a level where Spider-Man can once again (with help) beat him.