Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
The kid shakes his head in defiance. "No, **** that," he moans, "I'll tell you about my boss, if that's what you want; but that's it, and you gotta promise to let me go. The way you put it, I'm probably screwed even if I do get out of here, and I'm not sure I can even walk if you untie me, so promise me." The kid's face was screwed up in his best attempt at a scowl, but he was emaciated and sickly, and there clearly wasn't much fight in him.
Anna was not in the mood to play games. She growled, a borderline inhuman sound.

"You are in no position to bargain," she said, "the only reason you're alive right now is because my friend asked me not to kill you for what you did to my cousin. Maybe though, if you're really helpful, there might be a spot for you on a bus to the east coast, New York, Miami maybe."

She slowly unsheathed her jain.

"You'd have to start over, and you'll probably always be looking over your shoulder, but it probably beats getting sliced to bits," she said, "so what's it going to be, am I scrubbing bloodstains again tonight or not?"

She used the tip of the blade to lift his shirt up and let the cool metal rest against his exposed stomach.