Quote Originally Posted by Troacctid View Post
No, it's the exact opposite. It shows that not only does it make sense, but also that there are multiple alternative explanations that would also make sense.

Your claiming it doesn't make sense, for me, has the same energy as comedians saying they should just make the whole plane out of that stuff, or that the architect who put that improbable ventilation shaft in the Death Star should be fired. It's like a joke that's only funny if you don't understand the source material.
Are you claiming that every last one of the reasons given is RAW as *fact*, not as an *optional* explanation for why creating undead is evil? If so, that's not what I initially heard claimed, and that changes my response.

Still doesn't exactly leave us with a clear algorithm with which to evaluate D&D morality.

Actually, I reject those rules being universal. After all, one of them is, "draws Atropos". Unless Atropos is a canonically mandated part of every 3e setting, that *cannot* be a part of the universal heuristic of D&D morality.

In light of this, your stance is…?