1. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Upcasted Shadow Blade vs Haste (or something else)?

Thanks very much for all responses.

To give more context: my High-Elf Bladesinger is a dedicated melee frontliner and usually goes side-by-side in the heat of the battle with our Barbarian and Paladin. Of course I play the mobility game regularly staying behind them.

Current relevant rolled stats are 18 DEX, 16 CON, 16 INT. I’m at level 4 and got Resilient (CON) to roundup my odd Constitution.

My spell selection is pretty focused on support and potencialize my melee-driven capabilities. So lots of Shield, Mage Armor, Absorb Elements and Shadow Blade. I have some battlefield control staples just in case, but tend to not use that much (Grease and Blindness/Deafness when the situation is favorable; just dropped Mirror Image recently in favor of Blur and now seeing a good opportunity to get PFE&G).

I know some classic killer spells like Web, Levitate, Hypnotic Pattern and Fireball can do wonders, but I’m really attached to this play style of an iconic spellsword.

.:.

In the end of the day, given easiness and low risk, it seems an upcasted Shadow Blade is the way to go. However, if I have proper preparation time to setup, Haste will not only increase my offense, but also my defense. Well, I’d say it’s good to have both options!
    Last edited by Ir0ns0ul; 2020-09-29 at 09:27 AM.