1. - Top - End - #477
    Firbolg in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: IC AoW - Encounter at Blackwall Keep (PF) (Take 2)

Allustan takes in the conversation silently, his expression troubled. "Dark portents of a darker, forgotten god..." he murmurs to himself as he thinks over what they know. More loudly he addresses everyone, saying, "I think you should all be as well prepared as you can be - alchemically and otherwise. As you face more wormspawn we should consider it to be more signs of Kyuss' growing in power and influence as well. I would not assume that you understand specifics about these prophecies, though. Even resilient predictions have a way of being misinterpreted or even misidentified. For example, there have been many events over the last several millennia that fit the descriptions of 'huge destruction' or 'unholy powers rising.' There are dozens of powerful artifacts that pop into and out of the historical record that likely have nothing to do with the Age of Worms.

However, you must find out more about these prophecies...specifics if at all possible. I recommend you collect all the evidence you have found so far and take it to Eligos. The various worms you have collected - from the necromancer's lab to the corrupted potions - the documents from the Ebon Triad cult, and your own eye-witness accounts will likely all prove significant. Eligos will help you find answers in Greyhawk, or help you find someone else who knows more if necessary.
    "

Looking around the room Allustan smiles. "I think we are blessed to have champions such as all of you fighting this fight," he says as he notices Frederick's gauntleted fist. "Don't be too eager to fight a demigod, but know that I wouldn't want to oppose you either!"

There are a couple of shops in town (see previous threads, including my introduction (first two posts) to the first adventure here), though none have the breadth of items that you will find in Greyhawk. I will review the campaign notes and see what you can purchase now and update this post accordingly.

Spoiler: Alchemical Items for Olofire
    Show
    Kyuss Worm Paste - This cup-sized container of bad-smelling greenish-brown paste renders a creature immune to the green worms of a spawn of Kyuss. Any worm from a spawn (or similar worm attacks, such as slow worms) dies instantly if it touches a creature protected by the paste. Applying the paste is a full-round action and lasts 1 hour. Each cup of paste can protect one creature. If the container is thrown at a normal spawn, it transforms the creature into a normal zombie, just as if remove curse had been used.

Faint abjuration: CL 5th: Craft Wondrous Item or Brew Potion, Neutralize Poison: Price 750 GP

Kyussbane Oil - This rank, oily substance gives a weapon the undead-bane property for 1 hour. Any spawn of Kyuss or similar creature struck by the affected weapon takes +1d6 damage in addition to the +2d6 from the bane property.

Faint transmutation; CL 5th; Craft Wondrous Item or Brew Potion, Summon Monster I; Price 750 GP

Silversheen

The next several posts need to be pushed by all of you. How do you wish to prepare for your trip? What sorts of purchases do you want to make now vs. later? Do you want to set up someone to care for the house while you are gone? There are some encounters I have planned before you get to Greyhawk, so don't go too crazy, but we are getting ready to leave Diamond Lake for a bit longer than the last chapter, and your PCs know this. Plan accordingly.