Joel ponders. "Tough one. We may not get this chance again, and he might be a lead to the rakshasas.

On the other hand, what's at stake is much bigger than a personal vendetta. Also, he slipped away last time, and if he does that again he might warn our enemies that I'm alive. He knows now that he's not a match for the group of us, so I think fleeing would be his first move.

Reluctantly, I think we should leave him for another day."

The group proceeds onward, with the Styx Oarsman now the apparent destination.

However, as you walk through the smoggy streets, you get the feeling that someone is watching you, but you don't see anyone doing so.

Shortly after that, a group of six ogres looms when you turn a corner and they rapidly approach you, drawing their huge* greatclubs. They are clad in half-plate armor.

Spoiler: *
Show
Not just a figure of speech: the clubs are sized appropriately for Huge creatures, while the ogres are only Large in size. This suggests training in the use of oversize weapons, which most ogres would not have had.

One of the ogres tells you in a deep voice "Yesterday, I was outnumbered and fled my post. I did not know what you were up to. This time, we won't back down. You went through the gate. Why?"