Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
I'm deeply sceptical of its being "trivial" to introduce. But I'll play along. What would the cutoff point be for what kind of slope needs this skill to be ascended? Would a character without a starting bonus to the skill be unable to climb up anything but a gentle slope? Or would they simply do so slowly? Like in Morrowind, where not starting with acrobatics and athletics means our character can only make small hops and moves slowly. Annoying, but ultimately irrelevant.

But conversely, it also means every single character would advance it sooner or later. Since they all have to walk places and climb uneven terrain. If levitation is a thing, then perhaps it's just every character that doesn't specialize in Alteration. But even then, I'm not going to cast levitation for every steep hill, so the climbing skill will still go up. I guess it's technically better than acrobatics and athletics in that there is actually an alternative to using it.
Im speaking relatively of course. The issue here is mostly that were at a glut for options on how to proceed rather than trying to figure out how we would possibly make it make sense.