"Huh?" Buttercup mumbles, glancing up from her vest. Her eyes briefly flick over to her sister at the snack table who is unaware that a stranger has approached. "Umm... maybe a little bit. It's a really nice costume, though."

It IS a really nice costume.

Very finely crafted and a pretty clear popular culture reference. Especially when one notices the other two identically dressed Buttercups nearby.

"I just..." Buttercup gets off to a false start. She pauses briefly, organizing her thoughts. "I know I used to be a guy. So showing off like this feels strange? My sisters don't mind much. They didn't change as much as me, I guess. And Buttercup-"

She points at the Buttercup romping around with the children.

"-she thought this would be a really fun costume. Being able to do it made her so happy I guess I just... sort of agreed?"

Buttercup creases her brow in consternation.

"I'm happy, though. Happy for my sisters. We're all having lots of fun so I guess it's okay," Buttercup says. She doesn't look like she's having lots of fun. She frowns slightly. "Do... do you think I should get in character more? Maybe be more Buttercupy for tonight? I remember this character is supposed to be awfully Buttercuppy for a devil."