Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
Eon nods. "That is understandable. Would it be possible to arrange a meeting? Perhaps an exchange of knowledge?" He's hoping there's some clue to the mysterious story in the archives here. And he knows a great many things he could possibly trade for access.
Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
[Journey to the Center of the Elves]

"Our pact is not a written contract." This seems to be a point of pride for Ramuq. "It is a compact our leaders renew each year at spring equinox, when we honor our lady. She keeps the sky clear for us, brings rain when we need it and warns us about enemies. In return, we do not hunt birds that dwell here, only those that come from elsewhere. We sacrifice part of what we fish from the river, for the fey who lives there is her enemy. The exact details of the compact are for our leaders to know." He looks to Eao. "Sky-Cutter prefers to keep to the skies and clouds. What do you wish to know from her and what do you offer in exchange?"
Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post

"I see, I see..." Zhareen nods thoughtfully and takes notes. "I would like to speak to your leaders eventually, but first we need to deal with something more pressing." She gestures behind her, to the carpet. "Namely, where do you want us to place the cake? You better eat it soon or it's going to go bad." Right, that.

A typical strategy of Zhareen's. Get to people through their stomachs. Whatever works, right? "Yes, we should put it somewhere. It's a bit precarious to transport, and we wouldn't want to waste it." Besides, Korrina is tired of having to share space with it.