View Single Post

Thread: Baldur's Gate III (2)

1. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Baldur's Gate III (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    "Goofiness" and less-serious elements of a story can take many different forms and be pretty subjective. Baldur's Gate had such elements for sure and so did Divinity. But it's not unreasonable to accept them in one but not the other, since the style was pretty different. And I think Divinity leans on them a lot more.
    I'm not sure I agree. My main takeaway from most of the quests and such in Divinity was "wow, living in this world sucks. " I hate talking to the animals because almost all of them with anything meaningful to say are super depressing, and not in a way that's played for laughs. Your main buddy Gareth has to either murder a childhood friend or bury his parents. In the endings, the level of personal prize you choose is inverse to how well you're able to leverage it for real positive change, to the point where you literally have to give up your personality to fully save the world.

If there are goofball elements and meta humor, it's because the story really needs it to avoid being unbearable heavy and dark.
    Last edited by Keltest; 2020-10-04 at 06:39 PM.