Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
Tosh.

I don't even know what you're talking about with 1 and 2, unless it's "the game lets you act like a murderous mercenary thug if you choose, instead of putting you on you're-the-hero rails like some much older CRPGs." For 3, the game does try to hard-sell you "the fact that you've killed all these people proves you're the inherently evil child of the God of Murder," but unless you've been choosing to act like a murderous mercenary thug (hmm...), you can look back at everyone you've killed and know that, just like in the significantly-higher-body-count Icewind Dale games, they all attacked you or someone else first, making the case better that they were all "children of the literal God of Murder" and thus driven to murder, than that you are.
I never mentioned whether you were or were not justified in said murders. Some folks need to be eliminated. But I am saying the narrative and the world follow Warty’s model of a cRPG directly and what’s more the game recognizes and comments upon how this method of gaining power is kinda horrifying. And it’s not all that subtle about it.