Hector smiles a little.
"Yeah we kind of got split, too. And now being totally separate is...weird. Like we were always autonomous but now Heather actually chose to ditch me tonight and we've almost never been apart for more than an hour or two and it's just...weird you know? I've never really been alone." Hector actually manages to not babble that Lambslaurel expressing similar feelings was like someone reading his mind.
He should really tell Dandelion that her sister is sad and needs her around but he can't just blurt it out or he'll look like a creeper for having eavesdropped on her. Though in his defense he thought they were troublesome Buttercups. It's an easy mistake to make.

And then she claps him on the back! Poof! Poor Hector's costume vanishes, revealing a fluffy black fox with a number of orange and black ribbons around his neck.
"Aw, man. I was really hoping the disguise would last longer." but he shakes his head valiantly! He must keep control of the conversation or it'll get diverted by how cute everyone seems to think he is!
"You three are the Park? That big new one? I needed to talk to you, actually! I-" he tilts his head and eyes the flowers on her deerbutt. "I guess it probably should have been obvious from the flowers. I'm a lit major, not a botanist. Sue me." he mutters.