Quote Originally Posted by Dire_Flumph View Post
I'm intrigued for a few reasons:

1. I always liked Mulgrew on Voyager, I just don't think the writing was there to back her up. I'd love to see a 2nd crack at the character.

2. Captain Janeway? Wasn't she an Admiral now?

3. And this is on Nickelodeon, not CBS all access or that new Paramount service, which is interesting.
Its funny, I liked the potential for voyager, but they had a really hard time deciding if they were going to be a ds9 ongoing storyline type of setup where each episode has long term repercussions for the next, and tng where it might as well be the simpsons. Everything is tied up and forgotten by the end of the episode. They had interesting arcs like the fairhaven hologram thing had potential, I liked the bideans or whatever that race that stole organs from others to survive was. Even the Predator knockoff Hirogen were interesting. And the character arcs were, mostly, pretty interesting. Yeah the doctor was a kind of Data rehash with wanting to be a real boy, but wanting to be more than his programming, the time he made himself a holo family, his singing career, it was pretty awesome. But they just had so much stupid stuff mixed in with it.

I wanted to see a captain have to decide between morals and getting her crew home, and deciding where the line was. I wanted to see the voyager struggle to make it because as anyone in the navy could tell you, SHIPS NEED MAINTENENCE! Not the kind of stuff geordi could whip up on the go either. They need time in dry stardock to get all sort of repairs done that cant be done out there. So Voyager may be stronger than anything they faced (for the most part) but they cant avoid all damage and every bit that happens is a drain on resources they cant be sure they can replace, as well as damage they might not be able to fix at all. And again, we got some of that, but it was haphazard and rarely lasted longer than that episode or mini arc before it was back to status quo. I wanted to see real issues develop between starfleet and maqui crew members. Again we DID, but it was single episode only then all was forgotten.