Thread: Baldur's Gate III (2)

1. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Baldur's Gate III (2)

Quote Originally Posted by GloatingSwine View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    And easy resurrection isn't available at the early levels in a video game and rarely applies to the player character, so that's still not comparable, is it?

They don't have to make the encounter good, no. You can tell because of how they didn't, they put a stupid "lol u ded" trap in instead.

Ultimately in a videogame, all that does is teach the player to savescum encounters rather than play them out, another reason it's bad design.
    Youre pretty firmly in the minority camp there. Im not offering a lot of sympathy for people who play a game based off of D&D, and with the Baldur's Gate label in particular, and then getting upset when they do something actively foolish that they should know is foolish and then getting killed. At least you CAN load a save in BG. If somebody fed themselves to an Illithid at second level in my campaign, or the equivalent, i'd tell them to get out the character rolling dice and to be more careful next time.

Come to think of it, i have. Dont stop to turn around and cast a spell at a bunch of orcs when you only have a d4 hit dice, 1st level AD&D wizard.
    Last edited by Keltest; 2020-10-08 at 07:03 PM.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”