Quote Originally Posted by Mechalich View Post
Because its terrible?

Aberrant gets exactly one thing right: the sudden arrival of superpowers means you get people with superpowers not a bunch of costumed comic book heroes and villains. Everything else about it's world-building is comically terribad, (making it about average for a White-Wolf product). Also, Aberrant is very clearly not a world that still looks like our world, as the supers unleash huge changes in the span of just a few years and ultimately break the universe in just a few decades.
..... Watchman is actually a pretty good example of how unwieldy the alternate history quickly becomes - Dr. Manhattan wins the Vietnam War for the US and Nixon ends up as president for life and that's...very weird.
Now I'd disagree on the terribad personally. Compared to the MCU and several others I'd say is a scholarly tome. Low expectations on my part may have something to do wit this.
Mostly because it does roll with the consequences of classic superpowers showing up and shows just how ridiculous it comes out. It is even quite meta in using the crunch to drive/rationalize classic super behavior. And besides the 11 year old with ADHD delivery (I swear the show via Media clipboard style WW got into for a while was horrid...Orpheus was the same) it covers a lot more ground than most settings do in the societal reaction and the differences (both logical and illogical) that various people have. As for the quality of the game....it's meh...as a source of what are sociological effects of classic superpowers its a gold mine of starting points.
Superpowers are going to make things weird fast in any alternate history (as the Nixon-for-life example shows)