Quote Originally Posted by Hellpyre View Post
As far as the preventing damage schtick, Redemption is hands down better at protecting casters when it's in range, since it obviates the need for a concentration check at all. Unity has a better working range as well as actually reducing the overall damage dealt, but requires more active investment in the form of spell slots to keep bonds up, as well as actions to refresh them when they run out.

It really comes down to this: if you have a tank that isn't using reactions regularly, Unity cleric will give them a good reaction to protect a given squishy. Redemption paladin will itself be a tank for the party, and can move to where it's needed at a given moment in the flow of battle.

Also, Unity hasn't seen a published release yet, so we have will see if it changed some in Tasha's.
Awesome, thanks so much for the swift response. I'd been ummm-ing and ahhh-ing about this ever since the UA for Unity Domain was released. Now I know that Redemption is the way to go for our party.

Whilst I love the aesthetic and playstyle of the Unity Domain. The party needs the mobile tank especially when our cleric and wizard are the ones to be consistently in danger during fights but are on opposite ends of the battlefield. Being able to adjust during the flow of battle is very fun

I am very keen to see what pops up in Tasha's. Thanks again for clearing things up for me.