View Single Post

Thread: Home 26: Rooms to let, fifty cents

1. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Home 26: Rooms to let, fifty cents

Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    [Cass' Tower]

Electra stays quiet for awhile, and watches the scenery, such as it is. She doesn't usually travel through much of it, just teleports in near Cass's tower when she comes to visit, so seeing some of the countryside around the tower is a nice change of pace. The hills and fields have a pastoral appeal; she can understand why Cass chose to live here. When they reach the pond road, she spends a lot of time looking at it, between the trees and whatever else might obstruct the view.

"This is really nice! I can understand why people around here like this area," she says, loud enough that Cass should be able to hear her through the helmet and over whatever wind noise there might be, though it's not nearly as loudly as she'd need to say it if the bike had a motor.
    [Cass' Tower]

"The townsfolk are friendly enough," says Cass, pulling the bike to a halt near an outcropping a fair distance from town. It's not much of a lookout point. Just a little dagger of land jutting scarcely six or seven feet from the beach below. But it seems close enough for the local kids, judging from the empty beer cans, bottles, and... little square wrappers dotting the beach below. It's probably better at around sunset, when the sun starts to kiss the horizon, sending a spray of orange and purple scattering across the width of the pond, with the lights just starting to twinkle on in the twilight of the town beyond. But late morning as it is... it's alright, probably.

"Then again, I'm a pretty good neighbor, as far as reclusive, tower-dwelling wizards go. Stop by every now and then for groceries or the odd blacksmithing or carpentry that I need done. Never kidnapped anyone. Never set loose any twisted abominations to roam the countryside."

Cass glances at Electra, and then back out over the pond.
    "Glad you like it."
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2020-10-10 at 09:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.