"Cool," is the sum total of Dandelion's reply.

She doesn't pry.

She doesn't ask how the conversation went.

Just 'cool' and that's it. Done.

She figures that if Hector wants to talk about it then he will.

"Arright so here's what I'm thinking," Dandelion says, tapping her temple with one finger. "We do a search on the phone, yeah? For 'faerie food'. There's gotta be someone in this giant crazy town who makes stuff that fae can eat, right? Find their number. Give 'em a call. Bam. Real Spooktober food. Better if they make candy too but I would eat literally anything right now that isn't roughage."

She gives Hector an extremely serious look.

"I have been eating. Literally. Nothing but sunlight and dirt for the past three days while being a tree. I need some honest to God real food."

MEANWHILE!

"Oh, I'm, um, I'm glad you like the idea?" Aries replies.

Honestly it doesn't seem like a great idea for a date to him. Aren't dates usually... going to the movies? Or to dinner? Or... something? He honestly doesn't have that much experience with dating. But if Jade likes the idea and if Jade is happy with the plan then who is he to argue?

Then iron is mentioned.

Aries looks uncomfortable and he rubs the back of his neck a little.

"I mean... you could? But carrying iron into a weald is kind of... um... well, some fae might not like it. It's dangerous. To some fae they just don't like being around it. Others are hurt by it. Like... um... like me. I touched some right after I got named Buttercup and it burned my hand really bad."

Aries isn't going to object to the idea, but he doesn't especially like it either.

[Assorted Preteens]

"Yeah it was one of those plates of vegetables grownups bring to parties," Khannie reports. "Carrots, celery, little tomatoes, cucumbers, broccoli, stuff like that. With a cup of dressing and a cup of peanut-butter in the middle for dipping."

Standard veggie platter. Even though some of those are technically fruits.

While the rest of the group is heading off to find games and/or Tuskfang Khannie grabs a celery stick, scoops out a big glob of peanut-butter, and CRONCHes it as she hurries after her friends.

"Aaww... I was hoping the house would be haunted," Khannie sighs. That would have been really cool.