Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
[Felix's Tower]

Krayger thinks about it. The tower hadn't been that hostile. Even if he's rather annoyed at the mirror challenge for clearly trying to mess with his head somehow. The rest hadn't been easy per se, but they all had been straightforward. He feels accomplished but not a changed person or anything.
"I suppose I've learned that some people are willing to go to some extreme and surprisingly roundabout lengths to avoid company. And that I really should invest in some means of limited flight at some point. That climb was rather exhausting."
That's probably not the answer Felix was hoping for. But minotaurs aren't really known for their deep philosophical statements.
[Felix's Tower]

"Mmm, rather like myself, perhaps?" Felix muses, with an amused expression. "If you recall, neither you or anyone else was supposed to find me out here in my tower." He gives Krayger a rather pointed look. There's no malice behind it, just a little reminder that Krayger should count himself lucky that he got away with disturbing an old mage's retirement.

"Consider perhaps why a phoenix would go to such lengths now though, hmm? Every material from a phoenix is prized for some alchemical concotion, magical artifact, or component to casting a spell, and few are the people willing to acquire these materials through polite methods such as yourself. Even then, if they simply welcomed all those willing to approach them in a friendly manner, they'd pick themselves bare of feathers to satisfy their demands, and never have a moment's peace!" Felix leans back and nods thoughtfully, "Never forget that what we are doing here is not easy. Power always comes at a cost, and we must always consider not only the cost to ourselves, but the cost to others involved before deciding if something is worth doing."