Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
I want to blame management for this, not just the writers.

Much of the choices of Voyager were about "control" and thus you were beholden to the producers, show runners, etc, etc. Now this is the case of all shows but part of the reason for the Voyager Spin Off in the first place is these various people wanted more creative control away from TNG and DS9. And since TNG was so successful you having a spin off show that also makes people happy for they get to do more freedom is a way to make everyone happy for at the time Star Trek printed money and thus the power battles was not worth it during the time of plenty.

I bring this up for eventually Voyager found its groove. Now it is still one of the most inconsistent shows and part of that is the writers, but I just want to point it out is more complicated than that.

(This is not counting other things such as Kate Mulgrew and the Jeri Ryan feud, which Kate has since apologized for. Pretty much with Season 4 on the Media recast who is the center of the show from the women captain to the hot new women crew member and Kate took this personally and took it out on Jeri. This created a toxic atmosphere that many of the actors has commented on it and now with distance Kate realized she was in the wrong and was the cause of things. Even if the media is sexist often for sex and stereotypes can sell magazine articles.)

Sorry if I seem whiney but I love my Voyager, the problem child of the Star Trek universe in some ways.
Imean, I agree with Mulgrew's complaints. It's just that she took it out on the wrong person.