I’m really liking this evolving picture of colorful clothing, shameless Dune references that will get a few of my players smiling, and a great many parallels to modern day that could be indulged.

As one of my players has a great love for antiquity the vibrant hues of clothing being commonplace will surely catch his attention. I may even drop a snarky line on how the party doesn’t even appear to be that rich as foreigners as they lack (rare dye color) clothing.

The mention of raves and conspicuous consumption leads me to thoughts of the party bard. A thriving night scene may do well for contrast as he finds himself just one performer among many, rather than a rarity gracing a community with his presence.

Faerie circles reminds me that this is indeed still a fantastical world with unusual creatures. A nexus of power is a perfect invitation for higher density of unusual creatures and unique local hazards. The party already had a close brush with fae on a classic ‘appearing once a month’ festival island that claimed half their crew when the island winked out at sunset. Living in a high fae presence there wouldn’t so much be superstitions as good safe practices for warding against fae in everyday actions and spoken word. The matter of pest control may also include handling fae/rodents of unusual size/that breed of invisible lizard every nobles’ child had as a pet last summer.

Themes involving changelings could also be touched upon, but I doubt the party will be lingering long enough to play out ‘another side quest’ as they’d view it. All the same, scenarios unplayed are better than ones unplanned.

Thank you everyone for the suggestions and inspiration!