Quote Originally Posted by Tzardok View Post
Of course. Ao is no god. He is an overgod. That's a completely different thing. Overgods are entities that steward material worlds and control, for example, under what limitations and privileges gods operate in their specific sphere. Overgods do not need or want worship, and unless there is a major ****-up, you'll never even notice that they do their job. We know the names of two overgods: Ao and the High Lord of Krynn. We have no idea how many others are there.
Excuse me, but overgod is still a god
Divine Ranks:
Quote Originally Posted by SRD
Rank 21+
These entities are beyond the ken of mortals and care nothing for worshipers. They do not grant spells, do not answer prayers, and do not respond to queries. If they are known at all, it is to a handful of scholars on the Material Plane. They are called overdeities. In some pantheistic systems, the consent of an overdeity is required to become a god.

Heck, Pandorym's stats don't even include a planeshifting ability, so it's likely that it just goes up to the crystal sphere and can't get out (if spheres of annihilation can destroy crystal spheres, I'll eat my hat).

"Pandorym's stats"?
Gee, what stats?
Let me remind you: three biggest Elder Evils in the book - Atropus, Leviathan, and Pandorym - are have no listed stats!
(Because, if they're, actually, appeared - then you're already lost)
If by the "Pandorym's stats" you meant "Mind Shard of Pandorym" - then let me enlighten you: it's not the whole power of Pandorym; actually, it part is so infinitesimal to the "big whole" - Pandorym can have unlimited amount of Shards without becoming weaker in any notable manner

The "divinity nullification", while not stated directly, is strongly implied: Pandorym agreed to kill the gods.
And not just one or two - all the gods without exception.
To try it without having any means to negate their divinity is as stupid as hunting bears while being unable to put a bear down
And, judging by the fact gods were, actually, afraid - threat was completely real

Here, let me quote the specific part of the linked post:

I am not sure what else you want.
Just as I said: answer without explanation - why killing the strongest "normal" god of the Multiverse (i. e. "strongest, but still no overgod") didn't caused Multiverse to fall apart?