The waiter is visibly perplexed by Penny's order. He patiently explains that there are two main sources of nutrients - fungus and mold. Everything is grown underground, the surface being what it is. Long and special care has gone into breeding the cafungus - which, when dried and roasted and ground produces refuncaf, the finest hot, black and invigorating beverage known to man.

There is some back and forth over this, as nothing Penny wanted is actually available. Eventually, a compromise is struck, and Penny get's a cup of something that is almost, but not entirely, completely unlike what she wanted.

The informant then speaks up:

Look, sometimes a man hasta do what he hasta. Those men ya brung down were me own guild mates - they feel we shouldn't be talking to no authorities. But the Sky Father, Him who brung us to this place, I feel He has a place innis heart for straight talkers. And Imma straight talker, least I reckon so.

I can tell ya where an how. I cannot tell ya who, for I know not. But it's the waterin station. Is simple: Drop yer package into the cistern, and when the train comes, it goes straight into the water tank of the train. It don't trigger no weight alarm, cause the train is there to take on weight, see? Then, when the train reaches that Enclave place, someone fishes the package back out.

The real pickle is how they cross the waste to get up to the waterin station.

Spoiler: OOC
Show

Loot: You find four folding picks - a clever mining tool that folds, so you can use it as a rod for extra leaverage, or fold it and use it like you would a pick. It isn't quite as heavy as a real pick, but then on the other hand, it offers somewhat more finesse, something that miners might appreciate when mining explosive crystals.

You also find a crossbow and three explosive bolts. No grenades, sadly.

The men have made little effort to disguise their identity - they are Stout Malletmen. Miners, in other words.