Quote Originally Posted by mindstalk View Post

(LEDs show us that it doesn't take much power to make an efficient light, so I accept personal mage lights, you'd just eat slightly more.)
Or aeternum tattoos that allow even the commoners to tap the leylines. Though the matter of food consumption may very well tie back to Spicing of food and possibly conspicuous consumption. As some basic tatts give basic magic, It stands to reason that a wealthy individual might be able to buy magic (and the implied social standing). Extra food consumption when abroad could be an interesting quirk!

Opened up to the leyline by the tattoos, perhaps they’re more vulnerable to magic in some specific ways, leading to heightened concern about the fae and other things of note?

With all these conveniences that depend on the leyline I’m again seeing parallels to be drawn with electricity and derived utilities. As a localized phenomenon what sort of people/personality would chose to travel abroad without the comforts they were born into? How might the rest of the world view these lands if immigrants are readily accepted so long as they get their own proper set of tatts? I’ve already got a conservative, planar breach police group of magic users that look down their nose at such frivolous and reckless use of magic. Rest of the world...?