View Single Post

Thread: Secret of mana IC thread

1. - Top - End - #600
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Secret of mana IC thread

May as well show he actually means his offer. The examination of the Valsenan soldier's leg goes by quick. "The bone is intact, and your leg will fully recover soon. Avoid putting too much weight on it until it feels better." As Thaum adjusts what has already applied to the leg, he comments on it having been done decently, but imparts a handy rule of thumb to tell if it is positioned and fitting properly.

----

Up in the tower, Thaum thanks Rince for the letter of introduction. With the monocle being so rare, it would not be prudent to plan on acquiring one in the near future. "Thank you. I will see what is available there, though I doubt I will set foot in the joint magic company." The further he stays away from Altena, the better. Still, it does not sit right with him to just dump the identification cost on Rince, so he sets down a bag with 400 gold in it on the table. Most of the money Thaum is currently carrying with him.

"I know you offered to identify the various magic items free of charge, but it sounds unfair to have you pay for all that and have us just leave with all the valuables, when you and Coldhand did a lot in this battle, and found a way around the owls' condition. I would like to offer you your pick of the magic items, though we would probably need to talk about it as a group, as I already used the shield for the contract without asking."

----

Later on, Thaum is busy patching everyone up, followed by helping with clean-up. Coney seems to be reaching out to the prisoners, and at the moment, there is not much for him to add, the rabite matron having matters well in ear. If Thaum still has higher reserves of Undine's magic left after treating people, food for the many additional mouths is created to ease the burden on Rabiton's resources, and what reserves he still has afterwards is spent on make whole spells to help repair battle damage and begin reconstructing destroyed buildings and walls.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2020-10-16 at 06:23 PM.