View Single Post

Thread: Solving the "elf superiority problem"

1. - Top - End - #58
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Solving the "elf superiority problem"

Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    That's nice.

My responses above still stand unchanged. This started with the claim that PP's distinction between new and copied ideas was impossible because supposedly ideas can't actually be copied because the mind and'/or language doesn'r work that way, so all ideas each person has are only different degrees of new. "But information theory" doesn't really change that assertion being an unfalsifiable assertion about "how the mind works".

Stop trying to derail the thread with this nonsense.
    You misunderstood.
    It is not at all what I meant in the first post.
    Of course if you did not understand my first post nothing after is possible to understand for you.
    What I explained in the first post is:
    1:You transmit very limited amount of information when communicating.(what I called the imperfection of language)
    2:People understand more than just the information you communicate because they also have prior information and combines this prior information with the received information to gain new information.(ex: the meaning of the words, the knowledge they had which allows to understand context and so on)
    3:People who can not combine information in new ways (which counts as an idea) will be limited in understanding new communications.

It is completely and entirely unrelated in all but the most twisted ways from this absurd interpretation you made which is "ideas are not the same between two people" which is something I never ever meant and is questions about qualia which have nothing to do at all with the subject I was talking about.

And sorry but whenever a lich will understand new tech just by reading a book or will need a living assistant or not have implications on the setting (it makes liches less isolated from the concerns of the living if they need a living assistant) it also makes them be or not be people who feels as if the world was becoming stranger over time if they chose to live isolated.
    Last edited by noob; 2020-10-17 at 12:09 PM.