View Single Post

Thread: Level 1 character vs level 13 character

1. - Top - End - #93
    Halfling in the Playground

MonkGuy

eek Re: Level 1 character vs level 13 character

Quote Originally Posted by Crake View Post
    Pretty sure VoP specifically prohibits this mentality.

Well, drat.
    Yeah. It's been a while since I read those books. . .

If the DM/party doesn't want to/doesn't know how to circumvent those extreme restrictions somehow (affiliate all of the party with a temple that works with the poor, and then donate the VoP char's part after reasonable expenses; use that share of the treasure/resources as a pooled petty cash box, until they get back to the temple, then refund the appropriate amount; idk) I can see how that VoP player is going to get kicked out of every party that's not composed entirely of paladins or real life ppl of the cloth or something.

But maybe that's the whole point of the BoED. Create kinda the polar opposite to groups who play evil adventuring parties? In which case, maybe the designers thought that creating any sort of overpowered mechanics-wise incentive to pick them would render the point moot.

Again, if they're inconveniencing other party members and putting them at risk, I'd say they are taking it too far. Though I am sure that will also make for some interesting roleplaying situations (since apparently the Atonement spell can't fix these things?).
    "Do I use the magic item the monster just dropped to save all of my friends and lose all my powers irrevocably? Or do I risk letting them die?"
    One of these choices results in a very useless party member, the other one in a very unpopular one; unless house-ruled somehow.
    Last edited by Shirow; 2020-10-18 at 04:57 AM.