Quote Originally Posted by RaafikSkald View Post
Evil is a strong word!

We necromancers prefer the term...HEY LOOK OVER THERE! (attempts to harvest your soul)
While it is fashionable to have evil people be self-deluded, such that they feel justified in their actions by a hand-wave that lets them say either, "I am not evil," or, "I am only technically evil; look at all the good that my evil enables," in a setting like D&D, the unapologetically evil has its place, as well.

"How can you justify enslaving the dead to your will and slaughtering innocents to add to your armies!?" some horrified hero might ask a vile necromancer. And, perhaps, the necromancer will mouth some justification: "They were worthless bottom-feeders; in my service, they do greater good," or, "The economic power I bring to our land far outweighs the pathetic drain they placed on society while alive." But the unapologetically evil necromancer's answer is straightforward: "They're more useful to me this way."

Quote Originally Posted by RedMage125 View Post
That...is a fascinate treatise, Segev. It fits very nicely into RAW, as well. At least as far as adding understanding to RAW without invalidating any of them.
Thanks! It's not much more than a way to congeal the RAW with something of a coherent explanation beyond the exact "just so" wording of the RAW. I hope to maybe use it to further develop my "why animating skeletons is evil" theories. Which I do want to keep in line with all the visible, functional portions of the RAW, even if there's greater implications and more one could do narratively with the underlying rules.