Tyrant's end

"It's time." Nerassus rumbles softly. Mika, Robin, Anu, Maria and Koro stand before him, head held high, chests out, and with a fierce determination within their eyes. "Today is the day we make the prophecy of old come true. We are going to end the cruel machinations of the tyrant. Today, together, we will forge the hammer which will smash what little remains of the tyrant's defenses."

"For peace!" Robin, Mika and Maria raise their voices in a rallying cry. The room flares with divine energy for a brief moment, before the pearlescent light coalesces into light-weight instruments of coral and pearl hovering before them.

"Back while mother empowered the Mon'Dai, she stopped by the workshop upon Sanctuary to create these." He nods to the five, gesturing them to pick up their items. "Divine instruments of power. They carry my mother's blessings and should keep you safe as we enact our plan. So one last time, let us go over our strategy."

Maria clenches her hands into fists, as small dolls lying at her feet spring to life and hover in midair. "I will lead the initial assault. I will conjure up golems and direct them towards attacking his fortifications."

"Meanwhile. I'll be setting the sky ablaze with my presence. Let my fire draw their fire and distract the masses." Mika extends her palm, conjuring up a flickering flame that hovers in midair.

"I will claim them. My masks shall twist their weak wills to serve us rather than fight us." The masks floating around Koro speak in unison through a cacophony of multiple voices.

Robin pounds a fist against his armoured chest. The metal clangs loudly in response. "While myself and Anu will stick with you sir. While they keep any of the tyrant's reinforcements occupied, we'll fight him directly."

Looking over the five, Nerassus gives each of them a brief nod. "I am proud to call you all friends. Me and mother will be focusing our powers on preparing the battlefield, and disrupting the protections granting the Tyrant his demigodhood and powers. The other gods will surely be bringing their own interjections. But I expect they will support our efforts. Look to the sky and prepare your astrology to understand the signs. We've got one shot, and I do not wish to lose any of you."

"C'mon boss." Mika smirks, flicking a tiny bead of fire at Nerassus's face. "We've fought a lot in the past. You're the one putting yourself at the most risk too. We're not gonna die. When this is all over, we're gonna go back to the University and chill with whatever new brew the choblins are concocting."

"I... greatly appreciate your enthusiasm. Now let us make it reality."

Spoiler: Fighting the tyrant:
Show
+2 Justice: Nerassus organizes his "close band", in an attempt to fulfill the escape clause he and Petr created in the Blood Propechy all those years ago.
+2 Law/+2 Moon: Nerassus lends his book of law to Robin, so that the Paladin may freely access and utilize sorcery on the level of what Nerassus himself can do. They are also given custom instruments of power to support them in the upcoming fight.
+2 Water/+1 Purity: Petr will wash away the powers of the tyrant, purging the power of the blood dagger from him and leave him weak and vulnerable.
+2 Healing/+1 Rainbow: Petr also conjures up a brilliant rainbow that will bathe the battlefield in healing light. This light will vitalize anyone untainted by the use of the Tyrant's Blood Magic.

---

"Hey guys. I'm gonna attempt one of the greatest thefts in the history of all of existence, and you're all cordially invited to help make it reality." Swiftpaw has the widest grin his fuzzy face can muster as he looks over his five friends.

"Yeah? What's that. You gonna steal Xinnies's new Halberd? Thought you two were kinda sorta friends." Lucas clicks his tongue, sizing up the excited raccoon Celestial.

"Nawh. That's easy to get. Especially since he'd probably let me borrow it if I just asked. That's just no fun. No. We're going to steal something both more ephemeral, and valuable, both. We're gonna try to steal their victory over the Tyrant."

"What?" Even Min speaks with surprising gusto in her voice. "How? What do you mean?"

"I mean that the gods are gonna destroy the Tyrant soon. Haven't you been using Astrology at all lately? It's practically impossible to... anyway, the point is. We should send a message, strong and clear. Mortal power is immense, and mortal ambition more so. The tyrant falls because of mortal power applied by mortal hands. Not one of the gods will be able to sell to the world a story of their own superiority. Bcause the ultimate end to the Tyrant's machinations was done by us mortals."

"Can we even do it though? The tyrant is crazy strong, and practically invulnerable. Even before we take into account the Blood powers. And sure, he's been bled quite dry, but he's still got troops. He's still got the strength to put up a fight."

"Yeah. And you can make all those troops deathly sick. Lucas can destroy any and all fortifications, assuming they don't just collapse from the sheer bad luck of Min not holding back for once. And Jeanne... anyway I'm not going to push you guys too hard. But I'm gonna try myself if you join me or not. This will be the most incredible trick ever if I manage to pull it off. So what say you?"

The small group looks at one another, before turning to Swift with an approving nod. They'll do this.

Spoiler: Blood alternative:
Show
+2 Blood: With the Blood Dagger at the ready to cut through defenses, Swift and his friends will attempt a more subtle approach to defeating the Tyrant. Where Nerassus and his friends will charge in through open combat, Swift and co will utilize stealth and subterfuge in their assault plan.