Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
"Place where shots were fired" is not in any way analogous to "shooting range".
If you have another example of a place where half a dozen people regularly come to shoot guns, I’ll take it.

Yes, I picked "police issue gun" for a reason. It's not like those are only made for police and only police carry them and civilians can't. It's like a cop car - it's just what they use. However, if a Crown Vic ran over a guy and your partner was on that street and the car is a little beat up, yeah, it's time to ask a couple of questions.
Completely ignoring the guy who had motive to kill the victim and access to the same kind of car?

Need I link to that strip again?
The one where they ignore the MiTD’s actual reasoning to focus on their power games? Because I think Xykon’s take-away from that was « I re-asserted dominance over that nerd » and Redcloak’s « **** that **** corpse-man » not « Hmm, the idiot in the Dark is acting rather strange. Is he turning against us? »

Again, Oona has only ever been proactively helpful as far as we and they can tell.
She literally told them that she only helped them to make sure they don’t kill all the monsters.

[quite]I'm not saying that they are immediately going to zero in on MitD like hawks and suss out what has been happening. But you seem to be insisting that they're just going to bury their heads in the sand and I don't buy that for a second.[/QUOTE]
No. I responded to Psyren stating that « this will tip them off about MiTD pretty quickly » which, as far as my understanding of English goes is exactly equivalent to « immediately zero in on MitD ». I don’t think it will, because it is far more logical to suspect the order until given any reason otherwise. And if they somehow rule that out, then the bugbears are still a more likely suspect than Monster-san.

« Just bury their head in the sand » is a gross mischaracterization if my position. Are we on the same page?