View Single Post

Thread: Tactical Challenge #4

1. - Top - End - #24

Default Re: Tactical Challenge #4

Quote Originally Posted by da newt View Post
    Your party does not know that the Armor has any vulnerabilities or immunities. You can only learn by trying and observing.
    To be fair, Dispel Magic a pretty standard vulnerability for animated objects in 5E. It's not just this particular suit of armor.

As written a party of 6 lvl 9 PCs = a Very Strong party and it is recommended that the DM Add another Barovian witch and a thug. Give Esmae another 30 hit points and increase her AC by 1. It takes Esmae 8 rounds to complete the ritual. Our DM nerfed this recommendation some.
    I don't think it makes a difference. Another witch and a thug will still die swiftly to all of the conjured animals + vrocks/etc. That is, assuming I can pick the spell loadout? I've asked multiple times but not seen an answer so I guess... I'll just run the fight assuming that I get to choose all of the spells on all of the casters, and all of the Celestialock's invocations??? Maybe Kiss will work better than I expect it to on the Vrock(s) and wolves (while PCs bombard with AoEs and Eldritch Blast from the doorway and then duck back behind cover).

Man, the idea of a Vrock who thinks its True Love is a human is... quite funny. I wonder how a Vrock would naturally treat its beloved.
    Last edited by MaxWilson; 2020-10-19 at 07:50 PM.