Quote Originally Posted by Avaris View Post
I’m thinking of something on a Rogue Trader vessel forexample.
Rogue Trader ships are pretty scary, what with all the daemons and sudden, violent decompression at any moment. And then one day you realise that for the first time in your void-born life you can hear silence - no hum of the engines, no pulsing of the oxygen scrubbers, no buzzing of electronic read-outs.... Just silence.

I'm thinking of something more metaphysical in terms of horror - a short story from the point of view of someone that has been possessed by a daemon, for example, and is watching themselves act unconsciously and slowly mutate. Don't have much of an outline yet, though I'm not sure how far I'll go with it, as what I already have in mind probably well oversteps the boundary between body horror and gorn. GW seem to be fine with people being shot to bits and chopped up by swords, less so on lingering descriptions of torture.

Perhaps less gruesome/edgy, I've long been toying with the idea of a Rogue Trader who is also a serial killer. An Inquisitor stops by and investigates him for smuggling, etc, and slowly uncovers proof of something more sinister, culminating with him finding the RT's stash of trophies locked in a safe - a set of blood-stained =][= rosettes, and then behind him he hears the sound of a knife being drawn....