1. - Top - End - #666
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: An Eclectic Collection of Fun and Effective Builds

Quote Originally Posted by CMCC View Post
    Pic isn’t working. Not sure if that’s an issue for others.

Also great job on the build. You’ve made rogues interesting to me - and that’s no small feat.
    Seems to be trouble with either mobile or a specific mobile browser, because it works for me on PC but not on my phone.

Thanks! I'm glad to hear it, because I actually felt the same way. Arcane Trickster is the only interesting rogue to me, but I found the power level not up to par with other gishes, even though I love the flavor. Thus, I made this build.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikimba View Post
    Booming Blade + Cunning Action is pretty famous, but I have never thought about Mobile in this fashion. This could be a great feat to get as a vHuman AT. Once again, thanks!
    You're most welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikimba View Post
    It's just personal taste, right? But my changes would be:

Level 3 - AT: Tasha's Hideous Laughter, Charm Person, False Life
    Level 4 - AT: Tasha's Hideous Laughter, Charm Person, False Life, Disguise Self
    Level 5 - WIZ: Find Familiar, Shield, Absorb Elements, Mage Armor, Detect Magic, Grease
    Level 6 - WIZ: Find Familiar, Shield, Absorb Elements, Mage Armor, Longstrider or Fog Cloud, False Life, Alarm, Detect Magic

• I'm not a big fan of Silent Image due to the Concentration requirement and you can cover some things with Minor Illusion.
    • I'm also a big fan of Charm Person to avoid unnecessary combats and also at some social situation.
    • I know False Life is considered subpar, but at least in my tables THP is always good. I would select False Life earlier than Grease (or other good control spell) because you don't have too many consistent uses for your slots before getting Wizard multiclass -- usually the best choice will be to position/move/hide and attack with advantage to benefit from SA. Once you get things like Shield and Absorb Elements, you will always try to save some 1st level slots, but before that I believe False Life provides good value early on.
    • I would also get Mage Armor -- AC is very hard to increase in 5e and sometimes you can see yourself without armor or get cought in surprise (although you can sleep without worries in Studded).
    • From level 7 ownards, you pretty much nailed it: Mirror Image, Shadow Blade and etc. Since your Concentration will be usually dedicated to Shadow Blade, I rather get non-Concentration spells in order to avoid conflict and create good synergies.
    Oh man, how did I not include Mage Armor? You're totally right, that's a whopping extra 2 AC! We'll be sitting at a pretty 21 AC with Bladesong, reaching 26 with Shield. That is no joke. I'll definitely include this in the build.
    Regarding Silent Image, I chose it for its out-of-combat utility, so the Concentration requirement isn't a big deal to me.
    Charm Person might be worth including earlier for sure. However, I wouldn't consider False Life personally, because like you said, it's pretty sub-par, especially compared to Grease which I think is one of the best 1st level spells in the game.

Thanks for your suggestions, always interesting to see other variations.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekrow View Post
    It does has some worthwhile additions. I've been trying to also make a magic rogue, a nightblade of sorts, but I've always felt that the AT by itself lacks something, so that's why I found your build so interesting.
    Thank you. As I said, I made this build because I found AT by itself lacking. Happy I can make it interesting for more people.
    Last edited by bendking; 2020-10-20 at 02:16 PM.