View Single Post

Thread: OOTS #1217 - The Discussion Thread

1. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: OOTS #1217 - The Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    I am reminded, by your post, of the movie The Usual Suspects and for how long who Keyser Söze was remained a mystery even to the cast.
    Spoiler: rumors of cast confusion
    Show
    (There was a story going around a few years back that Gabriel Byrne was convinced that Keyser Söze was his character, in the end).
    Spoiler: Usual Suspects
    Show
    That's sound odd to me since ever when i first watch it i never believed Byrne's character would be Söse. The movie and notably Palminteri's character are just pushing too hard toward it, i knew clearly it would be someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallowglass View Post
    Yes. Yes that, uh, is the common tactic. That's exactly how the spell is used.
    Indeed. The one reason people don't always use it, it's because it can hinder your own spellcasters.

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    It's interesting to me that this is actually a confirmation that Greyview can actually SPEAK Common. We'd only seen him really talking to Oona and MiTD before, I was actually kind of under the impression that he could only be understood by those 2 and that was a clue to MiTD's nature.
    That was also my impression for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless View Post
    Just a thought but can Mordenkainen's Fantastic Mansion be used to simulate everything we've been witnessing from all those various doors?
    You're thinking about Maze or Hallucinatory Terrain, but none of them has such a powerful effect.

So when that wolf reaches the others and they quickly realise he's the focus of a silence spell Xykon being a sorceror will spend sorcery points to cast
    No. You're thinking 5E Sorcerers. In 3.5, Sorcerers didn't have Sorcery points and had to pay for metamagic with upper spell slots like everyone, and needed to first have the feat.

Quote Originally Posted by Goblin_Priest View Post
    I'm pretty sure prestidigitation would cover "make an X in paint".
    Every effect other that cleaning and soiling last for only one hour. That includes painting.

Quote Originally Posted by Riarra View Post
    I realize it's exceedingly unlikely, but I kind of love the idea of Redcloak dying and Durkon having to raise him right after Redcloak tried to kill him.
    Couldn't the Order put the Cloak on a low-level bugbear shaman who would be more willing to discuss and try to carry a message to TDO?
    Last edited by Petrocorus; 2020-10-20 at 07:46 PM.
    Que tous les anciens dieux et les nouveaux protègent la France.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam K View Post
    Sun Tzu never had tier problems. If he had to deal with D&D, the Art of War would read "Full casters or GTFO".
    Quote Originally Posted by King Louis XIII in The Musketeers
    Common sense is for commoners, not for [ PC ].