View Single Post

Thread: Critters II!

1. - Top - End - #1339
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Critters II!

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    Out of the standard list I'd say Sylvan and Common.

Hm. I was kind of afraid that's gonna be the case. But some of those can be saved, right? I mean, elves get immunity to sleep and some manner of protection against compulsion effects for free. Would, perhaps, adding a few explicit vulnerabilities (to, say, fire, acid and goats (I know, I know, that one's not a type of energy, but it should be)) help?
    Unsure. Lemme keep tinkering a bit.

Edit: hows tis look so far?

THAMNAD RACIAL TRAITS
    · +2 Dex, +2 Int, -2 Str, -2 Cha
    · Size Class: Medium.
    · Plant, giving them Low-light Vision (but see below)
    · Base land speed 20 ft.
    · Alter Form (Su): In addition to their normal appearance, Thamnad can appear as a humanoid figure. The human form of a Thamnad tends to resemble a slender human late teenage girl (roughly 4'10 to 5'2 tall) with a smooth green skin, small, weirdly round earlobes and soft, longish almost vine-like little branches with leaves for hair (tends to here means `in more than 80% of all cases`; less than 15% of all Thamnads looks more like a weird androgynous child of the same height, and less than 5% of all Thamnads looks like an overgrown long branch-haired leafy-bearded gnome instead; regardless of their appearances, all Thamnads are sexless). This does not change their Abilities.
    · Blindsight (Ex): The Thamnad have Blinsight within a 10 ft. radius.
    · All-Around Vision (Ex): Thamnad have a a +4 racial bonus on Spot and Search checks, and they cannot be flanked.
    · Plant traits:
    · I Am Merely a Shrub (Ex): As long as they stand still, the Thamnad have a +8 Racial Bonus to Disguise checks when they pretend to be a plant.
    · Racial Memory (Ex): At 1st Level the Thamnad can choose any 1 skill, and that skill is now considered a Class Skill.
    · Thamnad automatically speak Sylvan and Common. Bonus languages include any nearby race.
    · Level Adjustment: +
    · Favored Class: Wizard
    Last edited by Bhu; 2020-10-21 at 07:29 PM.
    Revised avatar by Trixie, New avvie by Crisis21!
    Mah Fluffy Death Critters
    Orcs and Goblins
    Behold the Power of Kitteh!
    Backup threads available here