Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
Unsure. Lemme keep tinkering a bit.

Edit: hows tis look so far?

THAMNAD RACIAL TRAITS
· +2 Dex, +2 Int, -2 Str, -2 Cha
· Size Class: Medium.
· Plant, giving them Low-light Vision (but see below)
· Base land speed 20 ft.
· Alter Form (Su): In addition to their normal appearance, Thamnad can appear as a humanoid figure. The human form of a Thamnad tends to resemble a slender human late teenage girl (roughly 4'10 to 5'2 tall) with a smooth green skin, small, weirdly round earlobes and soft, longish almost vine-like little branches with leaves for hair (tends to here means `in more than 80% of all cases`; less than 15% of all Thamnads looks more like a weird androgynous child of the same height, and less than 5% of all Thamnads looks like an overgrown long branch-haired leafy-bearded gnome instead; regardless of their appearances, all Thamnads are sexless). This does not change their Abilities.
· Blindsight (Ex): The Thamnad have Blinsight within a 10 ft. radius.
· All-Around Vision (Ex): Thamnad have a a +4 racial bonus on Spot and Search checks, and they cannot be flanked.
· Plant traits:
· I Am Merely a Shrub (Ex): As long as they stand still, the Thamnad have a +8 Racial Bonus to Disguise checks when they pretend to be a plant.
· Racial Memory (Ex): At 1st Level the Thamnad can choose any 1 skill, and that skill is now considered a Class Skill.
· Thamnad automatically speak Sylvan and Common. Bonus languages include any nearby race.
· Level Adjustment: +
· Favored Class: Wizard
That's just gorgeous. I love it. The special abilities are fantastic, and I Am Merely a Shrub is hilarious (in a very good sense). The bit with the physical description is a bit long-winded under this form, but that one's really my fault.
As for the plant traits, I really can't think of any good reason why it would be immune to poison, polymorph or stunning, and those that would make more sense (immunity to mind-affecting effects and no criticals) are indeed a little overpowered, especially on top of the special abilities, so yeah, there's that.
Anyhow, does it need LA yet, or it can get away with this much witjout that?