Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
Not terribly relevant, but as an example of bad writing to close a plot hole: when I was designing a supers game (sort of based on the Worm-verse/Grrlpower webcomic), I thought about why some strong supers wouldn't just be nuked.
simpler, easier explanation:
They live in cities. taking out millions of innocents its not worth taking out one with them. Any evacuation notice would tip them off to whats happening.

the only remaining course of action is to lure them out of the city and then they're asking "why do they want me out of a city?". Meaning you have to give them an actual reason to get out of a city and into a place no one will miss. Which for a hero means working with a villain obsessed with them who might not want to die being bait and thus will scheme against you, while taking out a villain means asking the hero to sacrifice their life to be bait, which the villain might not take since they might see the absence as an opportunity to visit their evil on others to take advantage of it or lure the hero back.

in short no matter how you slice it, its just not worth it. there is too much potential for the hero or villain to reject your plan to take out the other for their own reasons or see a nuke as an evil to get rid of/a weapon to have themselves, while the only way your firing a nuke on a single super with a city around them is if the situation is so bad, the villain so dangerous that you have no other choice because all the other supers have failed to stop it.