Here's for my last couple characters:

Milo, follower of the sublime way and aspiring master of Nine;

Depends on how much of a PITA he and his minions have been and how convenient it would be to cart the bandit leader back to civilization. He is LG but he's an itinerant fighter first and foremost. He's willing to entertain a surrender but there's no guarantee. Might even go so far as to give the bandit leader a last stand "Pick up your arms. If you can best me, my friends will let you go*. If not, you've earned your fate." If I'm honest, that * is probably not true. The other PCs are even more murder-hoboey than Milo is.

Geoff the Blue, warlock and meldshaper extraordinare;

Not likely to accept a surrender. If he's feeling generous or the enemy is particularly pathetic, he might just strip him to the skin and send him on his way. As a CN incarnate, he doesn't believe in the concept of the rule of law or that there's such a thing as legitimate civil authority.

Luther Askarda, Exalted Paladin of the Silver Flame and Argent Knight Vindicator;

Might swear under his breath if the enemy has been a particularly troublesome but almost certain to accept the surrender or even demand one when the tide of battle looks certain. Mercy should be granted whenever possible and brigands handed over to legitimate authority if there is one over the region. Sometimes evil can be redeemed and it should be if it can. If it can't or won't be then it faces the full, unbridled wrath of the Silver Flame.

All three were pretty different personality-wise, even though two are the same alignment. "It's what my character would do" is a terrible justification for problematic behavior but it's something to cleave to most of the time.

If there's a paladin in the party (or another in Luther's case) I'd expect them to agree with Luther for the most part. Geoff would just shrug and tell the paladin "do what you want but if he threatens me again he's dead." Milo might challenge the Paladin to a non-lethal brawl over it if the bandit has particularly offended him but is more likely to just shrug and go along with taking him prisoner.