Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
[Felix's Tower]

"It seems weird to me, but I guess you live long enough and you get into some odd habits." Krayger says thoughtfully. Wait no, he's grinning. That one was definitely on purpose.
"Now, what are we doing here in the lab, with all our flasks and cauldrons a'bubbling?" he asks, standing up straight.
[Felix's Tower]

"What we are doing, dear boy, is starting work on what you're after." Felix counters with a wry smile. "This would be the initial stage of a potion of longevity, which would be what we need those phoenix feathers for, among other things. Now, the actual process is very complex, and we're going to be at it for quite a while, but it serves as an opportunity for you to get a solid footing in alchemy, as well as an opportunity for me to send you out on a few quests in my stead."

Felix is a canny one, isn't he? Making his apprentice actually do work for his reward!

"As I've mentioned, immortality is unattainable, at least not without paying a price far heavier than you'd ever want to. But this concoction, once complete, will restore a bit of youthful vigor to the imbiber, and extend their lifespan. Sound good?"