Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
This is as bad as the people who call me weird for eating seafood pizza.

What's wrong with eating bugs? [insert joke about American food regulations here]

Food dislikes are like veganism. It's fine for you not to eat something, and if I'm cooking for you then I'll follow these as best I can. But when you start telling me what I shouldn't eat the discussion ends.

I'm not vegetarian because I love offal, in many ways the liver and kidneys are the best-tasting part of the animal. Other people have this weird aversion to eating offal, annoyingly without ever trying it, because you're not supposed to eat organs or something? Like humans have been doing for thousands of years? Now I'll admit haggis gave me pause, but I've tried it and it's not as terrible as I feared, and I've always loved blood sausages.

If the idea of eating organs does make you feel weird try lamb hearts. Tastes meaty in a similar fashion to muscle, just mind the valves.

But at the same time, I'm not going to force offal down your throat, because eventually, you'll discover the two foods I dislike: walnuts (the texture is just wrong) and beansprouts (which taste of flavorless water).

I think I've lost track of what I was saying.

I've never eaten whole crab (just crabcakes) and never eaten lobster, but I'd like to try. I do quite like my shellfish.

Although I guess I'm a bit late on this because I now see people arguing over thunder lizards.
I agree. This whole conversation is done to death as it already is. Moving on. I can't wait for Halloween. I'm not going to dress up but I'm going to watch horror movies on Hulu all day.