View Single Post

Thread: Act Three (IC)

1. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Act Three (IC)

Once more, Roxana sighs. "Sabrina. I believe Asmodeus represents eternal stagnation, content to do nothing but fight the same stalemate without ever making progress, but not even managing that since he messed up by siding with the old gods and not managing to create any counterbalance against the rise of Nocticula, a demon deity, and the Three That Are One empowering Chaos and the Abyss. The Nine Hells are increasingly the punchline of the cosmic joke that is the Blood War. I do not like how Askaretha is treating you, seeming far out of proportion for what happened. I hope this is not a prelude for her beginning to act foolishly and cast aside valuable allies whenever her temper rises. But I have no reason to defect while she lives, not if I wish to see things perhaps finally changing in the stagnant Hells and the Blood War finally shifting, however slightly. All Asmodeus can offer me is Lythala's and your company, all else is utterly meaningless and can be easily obtained elsewhere, be it wealth, status, souls, servants. All that is easy to achieve for me."

There is a little moment of silence. "And you just placed a blade against my throat by telling me that you will not only defect tonight, but also divulge Askaretha's war plans. With that, by letting you go tonight, I willingly betray Askaretha. And she will find out. Not even Lythala could ever keep things from her. And that is going to cost me my head. The 'choice' you are giving me is between maintaining the same old status quo in the Nine Hells, exile on another plane, and death."
    Last edited by Ridai; 2020-10-23 at 09:42 PM.