Quote Originally Posted by LudicSavant View Post
Eclectic just means 'deriving ideas, style, or taste from a broad and diverse range of sources.' That doesn't necessarily mean every build has to be something you've never seen before. Sorcadins are fun, effective, and fine by me. I would like to maintain the atmosphere of being supportive and constructive and inclusive and encouraging for people's build efforts. I think we can enjoy both the novel and the tried and true here.

Folks have been asking about magical archers, and I've just spent a long term, 4-tier campaign with a very useful Hexbow in my party, so I'll probably be posting something along those lines next. I've also been fiddling with a Valor Swords Lore Bard frontliner post.
I would love to see an archer (though the hexbow has been done a lot) too. Treantmonk has an EK 20 archer that looks very powerful, and a hex-archer. I am more interested in how one might best make a more well-rounded or "ranger"-ish archer that isn't just a caster because casters automatically make someone well rounded.

I just made a thread about the one I'm looking to play next month, which I think will be:

1 - Ranger 1
2 - Ranger 2
3 - Ranger 3 Gloomstalker
4 - Ranger 4
5 - Ranger 5 Extra attack is just too good to pass up.
6 - Rogue 1 We lose a skill by taking rogue second, but gain strength saves vs. Int and got an ASI, Extra Attack, and all the ranger goodies a level earlier.
7 - Rogue 2
8 - Rogue 3 Scout
... and then I can't decide how to proceed.