[Jade's Lair]

"Just stand still. I might need to look at your normal self. There's probably a lot of layers of weird going on here." Wicke mutters and gently places a hand on Aries' head.
"Hmmmm." Wicke is trying his best to stare into Aries' soul here.
Only literally. He's trying to make sure that there is one. Which there does seem to be. So Aries isn't like those angels that are just kind of one soul walking around. There's some material there, even if it's mostly Weird Faerie Stuff (TM). He can sort-of tell that there's STUFF going on. There's Jade's thin layer of Libra-magic. There's the Soul that is Aries, which is definitely weird-looking from what he understands souls to look like. And yet kind of familiar. And right in the middle is the Fae stuff wrapped tightly around the soul. Definitely not something he could ever pull away. You would need an awfully amazing soul-surgeon for that and he is a blunt instrument. He does find what he's looking for, though. These are the sort of fairy things that have rules. Not really like people do. With the right magic mortals don't even have to breathe but are still altogether the same. But maybe that's an issue? The Soul and the Stuff aren't quite gelling, perhaps? That would certainly cause the feelings Aries is having. Like when Lee made Walter a lady without anything else.

Of course, Wicke doesn't like touching people's minds without permission except instincts necessary to function. So that's out. Maybe he can just probe a little to see how much leeway they have? He gets the feeling that trying to go against those rules won't work. And the last thing he wants is to Unmake him somehow because he unraveled something fundamental to the nymph's being. But maybe there's some leeway. If Aries used to be a guy but being a nymph made him a lady, maybe he can work with that? Just make Aries a little more like himself and less like what this role of his demands without breaking the rules. You can be a female nymph without being that feminine. And you can be pretty without that too. He just needs to see if Aries' sides will let Wicke rebalance things.
"Boop."

Wicke removes his hand and steps back. "That's all I'm willing to do to start out. I've a terrible record of going too far, so I'm starting small and reasonable before I try to make all...this a permanent thing. I've never worked with your kind of fae before, and you've been through enough without me mucking it up royally. With any luck your Rules aren't so restrictive that they would push back against something so small."