Quote Originally Posted by Waazraath View Post
Update!

Rolled stats: 8, 12, 12, 15, 15, 17. Hurray!
Other players: most likely monk (no subclass known yet) and fighter (no subclass but PAM/sentinel build). Idea is (but not certain yet) that by the time we get to level 9 another player joins, probably arcane trickster rogue.

Not much closer to a decision myself though. On the one hand, a versatile 'broad' caster could offer a lot of support here (there's no face, no healing, area damage, and little utility it seems, though that also depends a bit on subclasses / feats / races - at least till the rogue joins). On the other hand, might be fun to go without a (full) caster... less obvious solutions to problems.

More ideas based on stats/party?
This really calls for a celestial warlock to me. I'd say V human, take Fey Touched (Cha bonus), stat line of 8, 16, 16, 12, 12, 18. Not sure what spell to take with the feat. Warlock is a "short rest" class which will mix quite well with monk and fighter. I'd focus on spamming EB mostly, but you can use invocations and feats to give your character more options, in and out of combat pretty easily.