1. - Top - End - #703
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: An Eclectic Collection of Fun and Effective Builds

Quote Originally Posted by Gignere View Post
    Additional suggestions, Extend spell is actually quite good on a cleric spell list. With it if you have any left over slots you can use it to cast extended Aid, Deathward, other 8 hour buffs, and basically start the next day with full slots whilst benefiting from said buffs. Extended Aid is particularly ridiculous since you can upcast it for very nice hps buff for three party members.
    I'm guessing that you agree that there are only a select few instances in which a duration of 16 hours would have been enough whereas 8 hours wouldn't have (or any other duration, for that matter).
    Realistically, then, you would mostly use Extend at the end of the day to start the next day still benefiting from those buffs. That's a fine enough use, but I don't think its benefits outweigh the benefits of Subtle Magic.
    I'll still mention it in the thread though for anyone wanting to try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by MeeposFire View Post
    An additional idea if you feel like you have the room to use a feat slot instead of making str so high you could take mobile as a feat. It increases your speed by 10 feet which is the same amount you lose by wearing heavy armor with low strength. So you could use mobile to remove the problem of wanting higher str and use those points to get higher con or something.
    I didn't think of that actually, that's a cool idea.
    However, it's not like we hate having high STR. We want to have a decent attack so our Booming Blade OA is an actual threat.
    Plus, paying an ASI is a pretty expensive price for just 10ft. of movement. I think I would prefer to just suck up the slow movement (Halflings make do with 25ft., after all).
    Last edited by bendking; 2020-10-26 at 01:22 AM.