Thnx all! And yeah, correct on moderately armored, forgot all about its existence; and starting at lvl 8 you could nicely pick it and still max casting stat with vhuman.

Having said that, thought about it and looked at all the suggestions here, I think I'll go with the shepard druid. Warforged for 17 con (18 with res-con), 18 wis, an extra AC and some resistances & sentry's rest (makes guard duties at night a bit easier); and to roleplay a character mildly inspired by Marvin the Paranoid Android. Build by an very evil wizard as a servant, seen A Lot Of Bad Stuff Happening That Humanoids Can Do Unto Each Other In His Time, until the whole wizard tower was brought down and he was stuck under the rubble for centuries of boredom. Saved by a fey, trained as a druid, learned to love animals and nature and all that. Dislikes most things with two legs, but loves puppies.

Pick up the healer feat (20 wis isn't needed per se I think) and use bear aura at the start of the day (and then a short rest) to provide temp hp and healing/damage mitigation for everybody without needing to spend precious slots on 'em.