Quote Originally Posted by Lurkmoar View Post
tbh you're not missing much nowadays. Continuity snarls and reboots, massive amounts of convoluted backstories, characters with inconsistent characterization, sometimes questionable art, often weak writing, and poor editorial oversight are rife.

There's plenty of gems of course, but they're getting harder to find. Literally. Just about every supermarket, pharmacy,y, and cornerstone no longer stock comic books, actual book stores are closing and it's harder to find actual comic books because they don't sell as well anymore. Manga is doing pretty well though.

You'll have more luck with webcomics anyway.
Well if I have time, I'll start reading the Hulk comics on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
Well, She-Hulk is a different concept entirely. She's one of many people who became Hulk-ified after exposure to Bruce, in this case via blood transfusion. (See also Doc Sampson, another favorite of mine.)

Because her background is different - she isn't battling so much buried rage and psychological damage - she doesn't have to deal with Hulk's anger issues. Instead, she just lives her life, except as a giant green muscle woman. A life in which she is a lawyer. Frequently for superheroes. Which is honestly its kind of awesome and I would still love to see that courtroom drama as a TV show.

But on the point of Banner as a supervillain, consider where he was when the Hulk emerged - he was working on a gamma radiation weapon. A radioactive bomb. He was - and remains - one of the world's foremost experts in this deadly and dangerous radiation.

Let's be clear: If Banner hadn't become Hulk, but had eventually snapped, you know he would have put that knowledge to the worst possible use. That is 100% supervillain material right there.
Well I'm glad that She-Hulk got a different concept compared to her male counterpart. If Marvel would include the rage with a low IQ and other psychological problems then other readers (mostly female readers) would find it somewhat offensive and they think "If this how Marvel depicted what female superheroes are?" But I'm glad that they didn't depict She-Hulk that way. Besides I like She-Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by tomandtish View Post
Yeah, Red Fel is exactly right. it's important to note that when Marvel releases a list of how heroes rank in given categories, Banner is always in the top 5 for intelligence. Honestly, the only reason why others get more attention is that the Hulk part gets in the way.

But a fully realized evil Banner in a Hulk body would probably immediately rise to a top 5 threat list.
That's true. An evil Banner would be a serious threat to the Marvel Universe.