1. - Top - End - #42
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Booming Blade being reprinted and nerfed in Tasha's [New Preview Release]

Quote Originally Posted by stoutstien View Post
    I stop reading any build that relies on a familiar to provide advantage. If you can pull that off more than once or twice a day then the encounters your table isn't facing challenges high enough to even consider optimal play.
    I provided it to both builds so I don't see what's the problem. It's not that hard to get advantage at level 20 anyway.
    Besides, you have Shadow Blade which makes it even easier to get advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by cutlery View Post
    Why would you use concentration for Shadow Blade instead of Haste (for readied action sneak attacks) or greater invisibility?
    Because Haste is quite dangerous to cast if you're on the front-lines. I would rather someone else cast it on me.
    Anyway, that is beside the point, because both of the builds gain from it. I could just as well remove Shadow Blade from both builds and the difference wouldn't change much.

Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    Thank you for your gracious reply. Here, have a beer, on me. 🍻👍
    Not sure whether you're being sarcastic. Poe's Law and all.
    Either way, I was being genuine since I don't think we should be discussing character balance considering our different view of the game.
    Last edited by bendking; 2020-10-28 at 09:13 AM.